Taylor Lewis is a trial and appellate lawyer who defends professionals, public entities, and businesses in various types of litigation. He also represents medical professionals in licensing board matters. Taylor also has a passion for representing clients in cases involving First Amendment issues, and has experience at both the trial court and appellate levels handling claims implicating free speech and religious liberty rights.
Before joining Hart Wagner, Taylor worked for an employment defense firm representing insurers and employers in workers’ compensation, OSHA, and employment matters. Prior to that, Taylor served as a Special Prosecutor for the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office where he represented the State of Oregon in various criminal trials and hearings.
Taylor graduated from Lewis & Clark Law School in 2016 where he served as an editor for the Lewis & Clark Law Review. During this time, Taylor also represented Lewis & Clark as a member of its mock trial team which competed in a regional competition against other top law schools. Taylor gained additional litigation experience during law school as a law clerk for a prominent Portland litigation firm and as an extern for the Honorable Henry C. Breithaupt of the Oregon Tax Court.
Taylor'S PRACTICE AREAS
- Appellate Law
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights Defense
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Licensing, Board Matters, and Regulatory Agencies Representation
- Long-Term Care, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Home Liability Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- Obtained dismissal in arbitration of a medical negligence claim against a dialysis provider.
- Obtained dismissal of a medical malpractice lawsuit against an Oregon plastic surgeon.
- Obtained summary judgment against plaintiff in a medical malpractice lawsuit against an Oregon plastic surgeon and the surgeon’s clinic.
- Prevailing on a motion for summary judgment in defense of a $700,000 medical malpractice claim.
- Briefed successful anti-SLAPP motion leading to dismissal of the plaintiff’s defamation lawsuit.
Lewis & Clark Law School
Walla Walla University
B.A., History, 2013
Hart Wagner LLP
Partner, January 2022 – Present
Associate Attorney, February 2018 – December 2021
Cummins, Goodman, Denley & Vickers, PC
Litigation Associate, February 2017 – January 2018
Haglund Kelley, LLP
Contract Attorney/Law Clerk, May 2015 – April 2016; February 2017
Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office
Special Prosecutor, September 2016 – January 2017
Oregon Tax Court
Extern to the Honorable Henry C. Breithaupt, May 2014 – August 2014
Oregon State Court
U.S. District Court: District of Oregon
Oregon Super Lawyers
Rising Star, 2023
Personal Injury Medical Malpractice Defense
Oregon State Bar
Multnomah Bar Association
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
Owen M. Panner Inn of Court